Tuesday, February 9, 2016

How to Shop for a HOMESTAY in Canada

Homestay can be a wonderful experience for international students in Canada. There are some excellent Canadian families that take a genuine interest in the international students and provide a wealth of experience and care to the students.

Homestay is accommodation for international students with Canadian families while studying ESL English in Canada. Students can use the registration form for homestay with a Canadian homestay family.

How to Shop for a HOMESTAY in Canada

Questions to Ask

  • Do I receive a written copy of the rules and responsibilities of the homestay?
  • Is my homestay contract with the family, homestay contractor or the school?
  • If there is a problem who do I complain to or ask for a refund?
  • If my homestay is inadequate is seven days notice enough to change?
  • Where is the homestay located?
  • Is commuting time less than 30 minutes?
  • Is the homestay located on a public transportation route?
  • Is the homestay family Native English speakers?
  • How many family members, pets and other ESL students in the house?
  • Do I get a single room, or a shared room?
  • Do I have access to the TV, radio, telephone, Email, computer?
  • How much time will the family spend with me each day?
  • Do I have a choice of food that is served?
  • Will the family prepare food so I do not gain or lose weight ?
  • Can I buy my own lunch ( and/or dinner) and pay less for homestay?
  • Do I have to do my own laundry outside of the homestay?

Original post and additional info

No comments:

Post a Comment